David Evan Harris Founder and Executive Director
David Evan Harris is Founder and Executive Director of the Global Lives Project and Research Director at the Institute for the Future. David works at the intersection of art, activism and academic inquiry on the politically charged questions surrounding globalization and social justice.
A cross-disciplinary mediamaker, David wrote and directed newscasts for CurrentTV; and penned articles and shot photos for the BBC, the Guardian, Adbusters, Focus on the Global South, AlterNet, and Grist. He has spoken publicly about his work to audiences at the Smithsonian, UC Berkeley, Harvard, Stanford, United Nations University, Apple, Google, Adobe, and numerous other venues around the world. He speaks English, Portuguese, Spanish, and French. David founded the Global Lives Project in 2004 and holds a BA in the political economy of development and environment, with a minor in forest science, from UC Berkeley and an MS in sociology from the University of São Paulo.
Rev. Shishin "Benjamin" Meyers Webmaster
Ben has worked as a web developer (his site is www.purespiritwebworks.com) professionally since 2005. As an Art Studio major with a dynamic range of other interests he has a passion for technology, journalism, art, psychology and sociology. He is a Zen Priest with a San Francisco Bay Area Soto Zen Buddhist sangha and helps increase visibility to institutions promoting empathy and change.
Kristy Drutman Assistant Lecturer/ Teaching Team
Kristy Drutman is an assistant lecturer and supervisor for the Global Lives Project. She is also a digital media strategist and host of her own podcast and media series, Brown Girl Green. A passionate environmental activist and storyteller, Kristy is working to use digital tools to advocate for climate justice, healing, and community empowerment.
Minji Kim Lead Project Manager
Minji Kim is a junior at UC Berkeley majoring in Society & Environment and Business Administration. As the Lead Project Manager, she helps all of the different teams run smoothly and accomplish their goals of furthering the post-production process. Through her work, Minji hopes to contribute to the Global Lives Project’s mission of fostering global empathy!
Interns & Volunteers
Cleo Chaplin Video Team - Project Manager (intern)
Cleo Chaplin is a sophomore at UC Berkeley majoring in English and minoring in Data Science. As the Video Project Manager, she leads the video team in editing post-production footage for social media platforms and fundraising campaigns. Cleo joined Global Lives Project to further develop her interest in documentary filmmaking, and to contribute to a platform that helps people tell their own stories all across the globe.
Natanya Faitelson Video Team / Social Media Team (intern)
Natanya Faitelson is a senior at UC Berkeley majoring in Political Science and Media Studies. She is part of both the Social Media Team and Video Team for Global Lives Project. She joined the project because she is interested in international affairs and wants to contribute to the message of spreading empathy and learning about other cultures. She loves traveling and meeting new people and hopes to become an international journalist in the future.
Anna Gasparyan Data and Ads Team - Project Manager (intern)
Anna is a senior at UC Berkeley studying Business Administration. She is a Project Manager for the Data and Ads team at Global Lives Project and is passionate about marketing and data analysis. On her free time she loves cycling on the Los Angeles River and watching (too much) YouTube.
Cristina Navarro Data and Ads Team / Fundraising Campaign Team (intern)
Cristina Navarro is a senior at UC Berkeley majoring in Psychology. She is currently part of the Data and Ads team responsible for conducting A/B testing to optimize content across all social media platforms and present weekly analytics reports. She joined Global Lives Project because she wanted to be apart of spreading awareness of different cultures and empathy across the world. She believes when it comes to accepting differences, it helps when ones becomes educated about the topic. On her spear time she loves to read and paint.
Jennifer Hua Data and Ads Team (intern)
Jennifer Hua is a senior at UC Berkeley majoring in Economics. As a member of the Data and Ads team, she is responsible for running Ad campaigns and creating analytics reports to help boost Global Lives Project’s outreach. What inspired her to join Global lives Project is due to their mission of spreading awareness of human life experiences. She believes by sharing the stories of people across the world, we can build a safer and more inclusive environment for underrepresented groups.
Jihee Choo Data and Ads Team / Fundraising Campaign Team (intern)
Jihee is a sophomore at UC Berkeley majoring Applied Mathematics and Data Science. She is currently a part of the Data and Ads team, which analyzes the website and social media data in order to create effective campaigns and strategies to help Global Lives Project grow to its fullest potential. Having lived in France and South Korea as a child, Jihee is very interested in exploring and spreading awareness of different cultures, which motivated her to join Global Lives Project.
Suha Imran Data and Ads Team (intern)
Suha is a sophomore at UC Berkeley majoring Cognitive Science and is from San Jose, California. Currently she is part of the Data and Ads responsible for running Ad campaigns. In her free time she loves painting and playing instruments. She is passionate about spending time and learning about different cultures through their languages. She currently knows how to speak four languages and is excited to learn more.
Austin Hoang Social Media Team - Project Manager (intern)
Austin Hoang is a sophomore at UC Berkeley majoring in Political Economy. As the Social Media Project Manager, he leads the team in analyzing footage and photos from our shoots to draft interesting and engaging content of our On-Screen Participants (OSPs) to post on our social media platforms. He also writes content for our blog and helped in drafting an email for our fall fundraiser. Austin first joined Global Lives Project in February 2020 as a Content Strategist on the Social Media Team because he wanted to learn more about other cultures and experience working for a nonprofit organization. Through his work now, Austin hopes to continue learning and improving our organization’s social media presence.
Nicole Lee Social Media Team (intern)
Nicole is a sophomore at UC Berkeley majoring in Economics. As a new member of the social media team, she is excited to work with and learn from others. She is also interested in public policy and the technicalities of social media. Outside of academics, she is passionate about outdoor sports like running and snowboarding. Nicole is excited to be apart of a program that encourages cross-cultural understanding and empathy.
Tiffany Huang Social Media Team / Fundraising Campaign Team (intern)
Tiffany Huang is a senior at UC Berkeley majoring in Economics. She is currently part of the social media team creating content and posting weekly on social media platforms. She joined the Global Lives Project because she loves how the organization promotes diversity and cross-cultural understanding.
Ella Suh Translation Team (intern)
Ella Suh is a freshman at UC Berkeley who is passionate about social justice and community activism. She believes art and media can provoke the public to engage in and represent themselves by mobilizing change. As an internationally recognized artist and designer she hopes to use her mediums to help bridge communities, highlight injustice, and compel compassion. Through her time at Global Lives Project, she is excited to explore diversity and cultivate empathy across cultures, but most importantly she is thrilled to apart of bring the global community together.
- Yael Irom Associate Director, Global Lives Project
- Simone Goldsmith Video Production Coordinator
- Lyndsay Lack Development Manager Intern
- Kaitlyn White Graphic Designer
- Jason Catiis Graphic Designer
- Rani Zhu Web Project Manager
- Cristina Navarro Web Development Team
- Kimberly Wang Web Development Team
- Dipika Gurung Translation Team Manager
- Nana Yoshimura Translation
- Lainy Cho Translation
- Emma Sun Translation
- Stephanie Tungerapan Translation
- Kat Friday Social Media Project Manager USA
- Austin Hoang Social Media Team - Content Strategist
- Phikhanh Nguyen Social Media Team - Content Strategist
- Tiffany Huang Social Media Team
- Andrea Chau Social Media - Video Editor
- Megan Pope NYFF
- Scott Oller Video Producer USA
- Erika Barco Development Manager Intern USA
- Marian Berthoud Development Manager Intern USA
- Ayesha Johannes New Media Producer USA
- Jakob Lengacher Translation Community Manager USA
- Nindia Anadirini New Media Producer USA
- Mario Hiesh Web Developer USA
- Rachel Griffin Development Manager USA
- Danny Spitzberg Campaign Director USA
- Caitlin Rose Program Assistant USA
- Lauren Valdez Program Manager USA
- Meghan Mooney Program Manager USA
- Fangshu Zhu Translation Community Manager USA
- Beth Cohon New Media Producer USA
- Nancy Lappetito Development Manager USA
- Diana La Education Programs Coordinator USA
- Snow Xue Zhou Translation Community Manager USA
- Rejoy Armamento Graphic Design Intern USA
- Daniel Chein Video Producer/Editor USA
- Charlotte Gibbs Translation Coordinator University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- Elena Gozzi Translation Coordinator Università degli Studi, Milan, Italy
- Jueun Hwang New Media Producer South Korea
- Jordan Katz New Media Producer USA
- Viviani Oliveira Translation Coordinator Brasil
- Anna Pankina Translation Coordinator Voronezh, Russia
- Purvi Rami Development Manager USA
- Saphassorn June Santijitrungruang New Media Producer Thailand
- Sarah Smith Graphic Designer Loyola University Chicago, USA
- Ethelind Vu Graphic Designer USA
- Joanna Zhong Education Coordinator China
- Sarah Soulen Development Intern USA
- Mary Mijares Project Manager - Book Manuscript Intern USA
- Mami Shimokawa Curriculum and Translation Intern USA
- Kailin Zhou Translation Intern USA
- Kevin Lasek Translation Intern USA
- Daisy Mendez Project Manager - Translation Intern USA
- Taylor Hines Web Development Intern USA
- Mackenzie Cornwall Project Manager - Web Development Intern USA
- Jessie McConville Social Media Intern USA
- Brieanna Martin Social Media Intern USA
- Lauren Kim Project Manager - Social Media Intern USA
- Janie Chen Project Manager - Social Media Intern USA
- Jessica Shi General Project Manager (intern) USA
- Luoyao Huang Social Media Team - Video Editor USA
- Jihee Choo Data and Ads - Project Manager USA
- Asa Ackerly Social Media and Translation Team USA