The Global Lives Project is currently hiring graduate students, exceptional undergraduates or recent graduates in 2017-18 for volunteer internships and careers.
Our internships offer a unique opportunity to learn from a diverse community of professionals from around the world working in a variety of disciplines. We have produced and shown our video work in more than a dozen countries and are growing quickly, and every internship opportunity will give interns the satisfaction of seeing their work have a major impact on a rapidly growing organization.
Volunteers welcome for the following (email firstname.lastname@example.org):
D3+WP Developer volunteer – 2 week project
We are about to launch Lives in Transit, a new series of ten twenty-four hour videos featuring a day in the life of ten transit workers from around the world. We’re looking for a programmer to help us smoothly integrate this content into this website, specifically the map view page. This person should have the following attributes:
- Can complete a 2 week project (overestimate).
- Can effectively replicate the functionality of this map: http://globallives.org/explore/#mapview
- Knows how to use git to clone a repo, check in files, and open a pull request.
- Documents code well.
- Works independently with little supervision.
- Familiar with WPEngine a plus.
- Communicates status (to webmaster).
We’re currently not hiring for full time positions, though we’d love to hear from you at email@example.com.
In addition, Global Lives seeks exceptional intern applicants with skill sets outside those listed above. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Particularly, we can facilitate challenging and rewarding positions for interns with skills in:
- Event coordination
- Nonprofit administration
- Video exhibit design
- Museum outreach
- Translation skills in Sichuanese or Portuguese